Are you there, Blog World? It’s me, Courtney.
So, for those of you who aren’t my sister, Kaley (the contributor that forced me into this), I am new to blogging and was, as stated previously, guilted into this because my hormonal sister wanted new reading material. After trying to convince said sister that I am a) not an intriguing writer who b) has nothing captivating or worthwhile to write about with c) no interest in maintaining a website or anything beyond email, I was overruled and caved in. I now have a blog, and you, my lucky reader, get to deal with my new capability to vent, blab, brag, comment, and blab about whatever I want. Did I mention I have a tendency to blab when writing without supervision? This could be very blissful 🙂
Seeing as I am new to this game and don’t know exactly how to get this baby off the ground, I will start with a list because who doesn’t like a good, old fashioned “100 things I know you are dying to learn about me” run down??? Well, your wait is over, and you can breathe a sigh of relief. Here are 100 things I know you are dying to know about me.
1. My name is Courtney. My sister bosses me around. I’m having a hard time getting this list started with things you don’t already know.
2. I am 5’4″ but wish i were 5’0″. Right now my shoes are making me 5’8″ and if there were shoes that could have an opposite effect and make you appear shorter than you actually are, I would buy them.
3. I work at the Orange Tree, and am responsible for spreading joy throughout the land of Granger via fun, funky gifts and whimsical treasures. Tempted? Stop in.
4. My boyfriend, Stockton, hasn’t blogged in a long time and I miss reading about his aero-adventures 😦
5. I love Kourtney Kardashian, and am not sure whether to be proud of that or not.
6. Kaley, my bossy older sister, is prego!!! HOORAY!!!! (By the way, I mean the bossy thing in a loving way)
7. My little sister, Maddie, is a beauty queen.
8. My mom, Jamie, is my fashion icon. She’s either a class act or covered in paint. I love both looks but I often resemble the sloppy, paint covered version more. Unfortunately, I don’t have creativity to use as my excuse….. In fact, I don’t have an excuse. With that, on to #9!!
9. I never pay full price for clothing. Call me thrifty, please… I prefer it to “cheap”.
10. I do not like cats. Icky icky poo poo. No offense if you are a cat lover; I suggest we just don’t talk about it so that we both can live happily ever after.
11. I have two dogs , two doggy angels, and the demonic equivalent of a cat angel. Nah, she wasn’t that bad. Guilt by association really. If she were a dog, we could’ve gotten along quite nicely I’m sure.
12. I am blogging at work. Shhhh don’t tell mom.
13. I feel like I am running out of things to blog about already. Don’t give up on me yet.
14. I paint my nails daily because if one nail chips, the rest of them are doomed and swiftly get picked off. My apologies to anyone who has had to vacuum as a result of my OCD nail polish picking.
15. I have sold fifteen purse hooks in the last week. These little babies are HOT! You can find them at the aforementioned happiest place in northern Indiana.
16. I prefer my eggs over easy, my coffee with cream, and my love with reckless abandon.
17. I stole that quote from a cocktail napkin (also found at the land of all things orange).
18. Even though the quote is not my own, I really do agree with all of those things.
19. Bubble Bath is one of my favorite OPI nail polish colors, but I find it IMPOSSIBLE to apply myself because for some unknown reason, it takes eons to dry. That is, I cannot paint my own nails and then sit still long enough for them to dry perfectly and look like they are straight out of a chop shop, not to mention if there is a teeny flaw on one nail, the other nine are goners too. I have nail issues. See fact # 14.
20. When my hair is short, I want it long and when it is long, I chop it off. My hair is currently short and I am popping stupid-expensive vitamins daily and washing it with horse shampoo in an effort to make it grow. I really do swear by the vitamins though!! What I really need is a restraining order against me from all beauty salons in my region.
21. I once received an award titled the “Ellie Mae” award for being the only little girl who played on the boys’ soccer team. I thought it was a compliment but it was really more of an identity crisis. I have since started wearing skirts and jewelry and am a much more girly individual overall.
22. I can pick things up with my toes. Yes, like a monkey.
23. My mom calls me a babysitting prostitute. Before you go getting all freaked out thinking I’m some sort of weirdo, please allow me to explain this term of endearment to you so that you don’t get the wrong idea: I am willing to drop anything and begrudgingly babysit for the most horrendous of children if it means a few bucks in my purse. It’s like a sickness really. But most of the kids I babysit for really are little angels and I love them very much. This term is really only used in regards to one family which will go unnamed for the safety of my income. HA. I’ve already said too much, I know it. Now I’m questioning if I should post this. Since the family lives in Maryland and has twelve kids, I’m sure they agree that it’s a heinous job taking care of their brood (note: this is false on all accounts, I’m just trying to throw you off the scent). (I think I’m rambling). (Kaley told me this is what happens when you have a blog). (I warned you I blab without supervision). On to #24 before I say something else to incriminate myself any more on this.
24. My honey is coming to Michigan from Phoenix in five days to spend the whole summer with me!!!!! Well, not really with me since he would’ve come regardless as he has every summer of his life, but I’m going to go ahead and be selfish and say he’s coming to see me. So there.
25. I have just decided this will be the end of my list for today so that I have three more excuses to blog in life: facts 26-50, 51-75, and 76-100.
So, people, thus concludes my first introduction to the blog world. It is a pleasure to meet you and I will try to not be as hot and cold with you as I have been with my arch-nemesis, Facebook. I hereby swear to be faithful to you for at least the next 3 posts and I hope we can be good friends.